Masking Tape Shoe Project








Materials: shoes, cutting mat, x-acto knife, masking tape, paper, pencil, and a ruler.

Dimensions: length- 9 inches, height- 4 inches, width- 3 & 1/2 inches

Resources: http://foundations3ddesign.blogspot.com

What I had to do: I had to figure out how to recreate the shoe onto paper by tracing the shoe print onto the paper. Then, figuring out the measurements of the different parts of the shoe, I began to construct the shoe. I began to realize also that there was more texture and curvature than I thought originally. I achieved a good overall shape of the shoe, but creating the pattern at the bottom and sides of the shoe was difficult.

What I learned: I learned that over the course of the project that the initial thought is not always the end result. With the scotch tape shoes, my initial thought was that it would be easy to create shoes out of tape- piece of cake -but as I furthered in my project I learned that forming the tape to fit the shale of the shoe and the essence that it enveloped was incredibly difficult.




Comments