Memento Project






Materials: balsa wood, blue knit yard, yellow ink 

Dimensions: length- 5 & 3/4 inches, width- 5 & 3/4 inches

Resources: http://foundations3ddesign.blogspot.com

What I had to do: The task that we were given was to represent a memory from out childhood, and with that we were only allowed three materials to make it. For me, I chose the memory of my grandmother and I washing dished at my cabin up north in Wisconsin. I chose this memory because it was always a good memory for me, and evoked a lot of color and feel in my mind. I began by trying to figure out what color I felt, and settled on yellow because my grandma was always a bright person. I dyed the wood using yellow ink, and created a cabin shape to represent the cabin we lived in. The board are offset because everything in the cabin didn't match, and the decor was random, but it worked in some way. The blue fabric in the middle represents the dish towels that we had up north that we always got from the Saturday market and they were always hand knit. Finally, to piece it all together, I glued the wood down into the desired shape and placed the fabric in between the slats of wood. 

What I learned: Throughout this project I learned about how to represent my emotions and feelings onto an object. I had to think about color, texture, feeling, scent, etc. and somehow portray that into an object one could hold in their hand. I think this project was by far my favorite because it was the one that evoked the most feeling from me. 

Comments